Brown Butter Chex Mix-browned butter makes this Chex Mix even better than the traditional snack mix!
Over the weekend we snuggled in and watched our favorite Christmas movies. One with the kiddos and one after they went to bed. You can't watch a movie without some good snackage, so we made popcorn AND Brown Butter Chex Mix. That's right, my brown butter obsession continues! I kicked up the traditional Chex Mix by adding brown butter to the mix! So easy and so good! I couldn't keep my hands out of the Brown Butter Chex Mix bowl!
We make Chex Mix every holiday season. The smell and taste is Christmas to me! I love making it for movie nights, holiday parties, gifts, and just to have around. It is the perfect snack to pull out for guests, kids, and when you have eaten too many cookies! Sometimes, you just need a good savory snack to balance out all of the sugar and Chex Mix is always a winner!
The brown butter makes the traditional Chex Mix recipe a little bit better. The Chex Mix still has the same great flavor, but has an extra hint of nuttiness from the browned butter! It is a nice touch to one of my favorite snack mixes!
We don't add nuts to our Chex Mix, because Josh is allergic, but feel free to add in a handful of peanuts or mixed nuts! Nuts and brown butter will make your Chex Mix all kind of nutty:)
Make a batch of Brown Butter Chex Mix and turn on your favorite holiday movie! It is time to relax and enjoy what is left of the holiday season! And if you having a killer New Year's party, I highly recommend you invite Brown Butter Chex Mix to the party! It is the perfect party food! Enjoy!
Brown Butter Chex Mix
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl.
- In a large microwavable safe bowl, combine the Chex cereal, pretzels, and Cheerios. Stir to combine.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to the brown butter. Stir until combined. Pour butter mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread Chex Mix on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Note-you can make this in the oven. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. After you pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and stir, pour the Chex Mix on a large baking sheet and place in the oven for one hour. Stir every 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool before eating!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!