Store bought pita chips are fine, but homemade pita chips are the BEST! If you haven't made them at home, you are missing out. You only need three ingredients and they are super simple to make.
These pita chips are baked and not fried. You can make a big tray of chips at once! The chips are thick, crunchy, and salty. Serve with hummus, spinach artichoke dip, whipped feta, whipped cottage cheese, or your favorite dips! They are also great with salads or plain!
Table of Contents
To make homemade pita chips you only need 3 ingredients!
- Pita bread (white or whole wheat)
- Olive oil
How to Make Pita Chips
- Cut the pita rounds into triangles with a sharp knife. Place the pita triangles on a large baking sheet that has been lined with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- Brush the pita triangles with olive oil and season with salt, to taste. If you want to season them with garlic powder, paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, or Za'atar (or a mix of spices) for extra flavor, you can!
- Bake until golden brown and crispy! The baked pita chips will be thick, crunchy, slightly salty…and SO good!
- Let cool and serve with your favorite dips.
Serve along side any of the following for a delicious appetizer or snack!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Whipped Feta or Whipped Cottage Cheese
- Pineapple Salsa or Mango Salsa
- Cowboy Caviar
- Lentil Salad
- Greek Salsa
How to Store
Let the pita chips cool completely. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. If you want to serve the chips warm, you can always put them back in the oven or in an air fryer, just until heated through.
Homemade Pita Chips
- 4 pita breads
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt or Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a knife, cut each pita into 8 triangles and arrange evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the pita triangles with olive oil. Flip them over and brush the other side with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crispy and browned. Cool completely. Serve with your favorite dips or eat them plain!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod