Summer Caprese Salad made with tomatoes, peaches, cucumber, fresh mozzarella cheese, red onion, basil, and a simple balsamic glaze. This unexpected easy summer Caprese salad is the BEST!
It isn't summer until you've enjoyed a Caprese Salad. Who's with me? Caprese Salad is a summer MUST!
Traditionally, Caprese Salad is a simple Italian salad made with sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and/or balsamic. I love the classic salad, but I also like to mix things up. I've made Caprese Garlic Bread, Caprese Avocado Toast, Caprese Pasta Salad, Caprese Breakfast Casserole, and even a Berry Caprese Salad.
One of my all-time favorites is this epic Summer Caprese Salad that has all of my summer favorites. It takes the traditional Caprese to a whole new level and it only takes 15 minutes to make! It is a summer MUST!
How to Make Summer Caprese Salad
So what makes this salad so special? I add peaches, cucumber and red onion – amping up the traditional Caprese salad ingredients! Why stop at tomatoes when peaches and cucumbers are so good in the summertime?
The peaches add a nice sweetness to the salad and the cucumbers add a nice, fresh crunch. I used heirloom red and yellow tomatoes and a mixture of grape and cherry tomatoes. You can use whatever you have in our garden or whatever you find at the farmers market.
Make sure you use the ripest tomatoes and peaches. This salad is best when tomatoes and peaches are in season.
Also, make sure you use fresh mozzarella cheese, not block mozzarella cheese. Fresh mozzarella is SO good, especially in this salad.
To make the salad:
- First, cut and slice the ingredients.
- Next, arrange tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, peaches, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red onion, and basil leaves on a large platter.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.
Easy Summer Salad
The salad colorful and so beautiful! This easy summer salad is a showstopper and goes great with any summer meal.
I served this easy Caprese salad at a dinner party and our guests couldn't stop raving about it. It was the talk of the dinner and it only took me 15 minutes to make! SCORE!
If you want to impress your friends and family this summer, make this easy and fresh salad. Everyone will love it!
More Summer Salad Recipes
Summer Caprese Salad
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 small seedless cucumber, sliced and cut in half
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Arrange tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, peaches, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red onion, and basil leaves on a large platter.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod